In this hyper-competitive era of modern telecommunications, service providers must ensure that their operational execution is flawless to ensure optimal collection of revenue and the minimization of network expenses. The following Revenue and Margin Assurance services enable providers to maximize their business opportunities:
Revenue Assurance Assessments and Recovery
The myriad processes required to generate, process, bill and collect telecom revenue is extremely complicated and offers many areas for revenue leakage to occur. Source Loop’s Revenue Assurance Assessments and Recovery service provides objective testing, issue identification, issue quantification, recommended solutions and revenue recovery. The following are some of the detail areas our assessments cover:
- Service order cycle time and accuracy assessment
- Usage file (i.e. LEC EMI, internal CDRs, etc.) analysis to determine that all billable usage is being captured and used in the billing process
- Usage processing analysis to ensure that all traffic is classified correctly in terms of jurisdiction, type, etc.
- Rating analyses to ensure that all traffic is being rated appropriately given its type, jurisdiction, etc.
- A/R and collections analyses to determine that effective collections and A/R management is being practiced
- Revenue recovery including backbilling and collections on back billed revenue
top of page
Customer/Product Profitability Analyses
Given the number of different service delivery models possible and the large number of carriers that can be leveraged understanding customer and product level profitability is not a simple task. Due to changes in the regulatory environment and technology, certain customers can be using one more costly service delivery method while others can be using newer and cheaper technologies. Not having visibility into each of these segments can cloud profitability issues and lead to bad decisions and lower margins.
Source Loop can provide the required visibility to uncover profitability issues that otherwise can go unnoticed. The following are the major components of the Customer/Product Profitability Analysis service:
- Segment the customer base by Product/Service Delivery Method
- Align revenue/pricing and network costs to each product group/customer to determine gross margins, performing allocations where needed
- When margin issues are detected, detailed analyses on pricing and service delivery economics are undertaken to identify issues
- Once issues/root causes have been identified, solution recommendations (i.e. use of UNEs vs. special access for customer circuits, etc.) are provided
- Deliverables include the following:
- Detailed profitability analyses at product and customer levels
- Thorough explanation of issues that are leading to decreased profitability
- Comprehensive set of recommendations providing roadmap as how to improve profitability
- Implementation assistance is available if required